Sunday, November 16, 2014

The Personality Set! (The Making Of)

Joseph the carpenter, and his hammer.


Last year, I made a Christmas Nativity set which was stuffed (here). My husband really liked it and kept commenting how wonderful he thought it was.

This year, with his encouragement I created a complete Jesse Tree Ornament set, themed around the personalities related to the Scripture I use!

For example, instead of an ornament that looks like a coat of many colors, to depict Joseph (ref. Genesis 37:1-36), I made Joseph himself, wearing a coat.

Abraham, with the ram the Lord provided.

I thought that by depicting the personalities - the Bible characters - involved in the Scriptures, it might help bring the stories and narratives to life in a unique way. I wanted it to be a fun, durable set, fun to hold and touch, especially for children; even after Christmas is over.

Like one of my normal Jesse Tree Ornament sets, there are 25 ornaments in total. The set took more than a month to construct, as I put it together in my spare time.

The ornaments are roughly two inches tall, and are a multicolored spectrum of funness, made of felt and stuffed with fluff, with a nice blanket stitch finish. I tried to work in the iconography of the Scripture reference as much as possible, so that at a glance the ornament would be obvious - for example, Jonah holding a big fish.

Ruth, holding a sheaf of wheat.

It's soon to be listed in my Etsy shop.

I am currently thinking of other fun ways to represent the Scripture references in a Jesse Tree Ornament set! I'll be looking to apply new ideas for 2015.

In the meantime, I have plenty of other sets available! Click here to see the different varieties that I sell!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Please be nice and respect others...